Place the Safety Crash Mat on the floor by the patients bedside. Should the resident fall out of the bed, the safety mat will help stop injuries by softening the impact.
The Safety Mat is often used in nursing homes, in-home care or hospitals for extra safety. They are best suited for use with electric beds, where the height of the bed can be dropped to a very low setting, however crash mats are commonly used with all types of beds.
This soft floor mat is 50 mm thick, and is made from three sections of safety foam that are then covered by hinged nylon. This allows the mat to be easily folded up for compact storage when your not using it.
The underside of the mat features a unique textured surface that prevents that mat from easily slipping if someone stands on it by mistake. However, the design of this textured surface is such that you can still reposition the mat with your foot, making it easy to maneuver without needing to bend over. It is only when pressure is applied to the mat that the surface will grip to the floor’s surface to stop the mat from sliding.
The Safety Mat includes a reflective strip that runs along the edge of the mat. This strip will glow in the dark or even when the lights are low to make sure the mat can be seen, and does not become a trip hazard.
- 50mm thick, 600mm width, 1750mm length.
- Floor mat to help cushion a fall from bed.
- Can be placed either side of bed.
- Safety foam mat with hinged nylon cover.
- Three sections for easy folding and storage.
- Non-slip underside to stop mat slipping.
- Reflective strip to minimize trip hazards in low light.
- 3 safety foam sections.
- Hinged nylon cover for easy fold-away storage.