The Active Air 8 is a dynamic mattress replacement suitable for users at “High Risk” of Pressure Injury. Featuring AUTODETECT, and AUTOPROTECT, together with CELL-IN-CELL technology, the Active Air 8 provides the highest levels of care into Acute and Long Term care environments. The Active Air 8’s innovative features ensure lowest interface pressures with an easy-to-use digital pump.
- Digital Pump – The Easy-to-read LCD screen provides clear and precise information on cycle time, operating mode and fault codes to assist with troubleshooting.
- AutoLock – Control panel automatically locks after 30 seconds, preventing accidental mode changes.
- AutoDetect – Based on the user’s weight and size, appropriate pressure output is automatically set, ensuring optimal care and protection.
- AutoProtect – When the head if the bed is raised to 45º or more, air pressure automatically increases to prevent bottoming out.
- Continuous Low Pressure (CLP) – When activated, this mode increases user immersion and envelopment.
- 24hr Transport Mode – In the event of a power failure, this feature provides a security buffer allowing patients to remain on an inflated surface until power is restored.
- Sleep Quality - Innovative pump technology reduces noise and vibration, for a quieter sleep environment.
- Infection Control - Welded seams and zip protection prevent fluid and bacterial ingress into the system.
- Skin Microclimate - The multi-stretch cover reduces shear and offers a high MoistureVapour transfer rate (MVTR).
- Workplace Health & Safety - The power cord is retained within the overlay eliminating it's potential as a trip hazard.
- Pressure Care Outcomes - Intelligent cell design maximises the duration of pressure reduction in the alternation cycle.
- Laundry & Hygiene - Machine washable cover at 95º to achieve superior sanitising.